Saturday, July 09, 2005

if you're still reading.

a silent tear
sitting a far
sighing
crying
knowing
that speaking
would be
breaking
all the rules
that i formed
to save myself
to heal my
hurting
to ease the
longing

a silent scream
of pain
and loss
and sadness
knowing
that the love
we try
to kill
does not die
love
only dies
when it loses
life

a living dream
that haunts
my sleep
the only place
i still see
you gazing
from a far
at me

so far now
from the dream
we lived
dreamers, though
always dream

a quick close
of the eyes
for a moment
i return
my heart opens
and then my eyes
and then
we finally die

but all it takes
is a quick shut eye
and there
we are
alive

i cry.

2 Comments:

At 5:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not bad at all. I have a similar poem of my own. Keep it up. I love reading poems.

 
At 7:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

still....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home