Tuesday, October 18, 2005

an entertaining idea.

have you ever been looking in the mirror maybe practicing a speech, doing your hair, seeing how you look before you go out... and had to stop to do a double take of who you really are? what i mean is when you're looking in the mirror, you see someone, but it's as if your mind and thoughts are detached from the image of what you see... it's as if that image could not possibly represent all of the thoughts revolving around that make up and define you as a person. and you kind of have to touch your face to prove to yourself in some humanly fashion that the image you see is real and exists and is whoever you are according to the laws of science we hold to be true.

this happens to me sometimes, and when it did today i felt lucky to be in my dorm, close to my computer where i could maybe capture this experience and ask if others have had the same.

while really taking the time to try and understand this process of misconception, a thought entered my mind and i decided to entertain the idea: perhaps when these moments occur, i am seeing myself from an alternate stance, time, or place in which i have existed. perhaps part of me who has existed or is currently existing in a different shape, form, or body.. for just an instant had the chance to look through these set of eyes at what this form of me is portrayed as. and in that instant, i am confused. that "other" form of me is confused, associating a different image of myself than what i had known to be true, and the "current" form of me is confused, being taken over and almost captured from something outside of reality.

this idea obveously introduces a belief of either reincarnation or multiple realities existing at once (parallel universes), sharing some universal or larger soul. i thought i'd entertain the thought.

anyone ever have this happen to them?

3 Comments:

At 11:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes it has happened to me several times. That's because I like to watch myself making faces in the mirror.

Can I steal this text and post it on my blog (with your name and link underneath?). I liked it very much.

 
At 2:44 PM, Blogger Rachael said...

of course. haha.. nice comment.

 
At 7:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yep all the time rachaelll
<3
love you, paige

 

Post a Comment

<< Home