Saturday, December 10, 2005

A goodbye.

I'm not sure about posting for a while.

Everything we go through in life is "personal", yet I've never had a problem completely exposing my "personal life" to whoever wants to read. Mostly because writing helps me to learn and if I can shed light on similar situations in other people's lives that might help them to learn something, too... well hell, that's a wonderful thing. And if what I'm going through or feel like expressing/talking about is completely different than whoever's reading, that's fine too. I think it's great to be open to the unfamiliar. But all the reasons why I have this blog aside, lately I've been asking myself a really important question. How much do I do for myself?

I don't know if this blog is really mine. Actually, I don't think it is. I write it, and sometimes I go back and read what I write, but this blog is really here for other people to read...under some strange assumption that I write things worth reading. This blog is here for people to learn or question or grow because of me. But this blog is not mine. It's yours. And lately, I haven't felt like my life is mine because I'm willing to give it to everyone and anyone who wants it.

But right now there's too much questioning and growing and learning going on inside of myself to give it to whoever wants it without keeping some for myself.

Some things really should be personal.

Maybe I'll be back. Maybe not. Time will tell. If not, it's been whatever you've made of it.

Fond thoughts, Rachael

4 Comments:

At 12:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

As soon as an artist finishes a sculpture, a composition, a play or a poem, the work is longer his/hers but of the public.

It isn't any different when it comes to blogging.

Keep me posted (by mail) if you decide to quit or return allright? In case you don't return to blogoland, let me know when you visit Europe; we must meet up ;)

Take care Rachael.

 
At 8:34 PM, Blogger Jodi said...

take all the time you need, love.

 
At 5:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know I'll miss this blog more than I would any other if they stopped. It's just that good.

But on the other hand, I understand. Hope you return nonetheless.

 
At 9:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just me secretly hoping that you've updated.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home