Thursday, December 01, 2005

you're so silly.

remnants of dried up brown sugar oatmeal
crust the corners of my yellow and orange crock.

the clock on my desk is seven minutes
faster than the rest of the clocks that are
right.

my cuticles are pushed back but not clipped
and i've bitten half the skin off my thumbs

but my hands are clean because my
suitemates are sick
and cough on the bathroom door
so i wash with soap in the sink

i can feel the rose on my cheeks recently
kissed by his lips before he went
down
the elevator
and rode his retro bike to class

cozy under the covers my roommate
sleeps in her underwear as i hover over a florecent
computer with notes in my ears that fill
eyes with tears
but not mine
not today

ouch. my stomach hurts. i ate
too much pizza
grease and acid and spices and soon
my stomach gets mad and
forms a ball as hard as a rock
don't move, rachael
you cannot move
inert and fat

oh, but it's been over a week and
i finally drank coffee flavored
for the holiday
and i feel warm inside and
jittery

remnants of a normal day
make thoughts that wake my fingers and
click click click the keyboard to
share a few silly words:

spaghetti, ....

or just one silly word.

4 Comments:

At 12:49 PM, Blogger Jodi said...

i loved it! lots of little laughs. :)

 
At 7:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i dont mind this.

-yuri.

 
At 9:57 PM, Blogger Rachael said...

ha... you wouldn't. oh yuri, i shallll find your blog. muahaha.

 
At 12:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice, very nice.

I heard a kid say her favourite food is "pasghetti" yesterday. Made me smile.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home