Saturday, February 19, 2005

anthropology.. so interesting.

Ah hah! I'm sitting in comparative the other day.. (do I ever pay attention to what I'm "supposed" to be? ehh. sometimes, yes.) and something got me thinking about anthropology.. I think we were having a discussion about our origins and blah blah.. oh, how people around the world originated differently because of the climate of the area etc (i really want to take an anthropology class.. totally interesting)... yeah.. cause tiffinay's asian, lindsay's black, i'm white, etcccc.... and i just thought it was so cool.. because if we're effected by the natural environments around us, what will we evolve into next? AND what if, because we have become so technologically advanced and have changed our environments, we evolve into a bunch of fat, poor health ridden people?.. and it won't matter that our "natural" health is poor.. because there will be enough man-made remedies to keep us living. that's a gross thought to me. We really would be so unhealthy.. but it wouldn't even matter. weird... It's like we could possibly hinder or effect natural evolution because of our technilogical advancements.

yeah, i'm really pretty ignorant on this subject. But i really want to know more about it.. I think I'll go to the library and check out a book or two on the topic. Leave me enlightening messages if you know information.. I'd love to hear.

1 Comments:

At 8:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eh, yeah, that's the way it's headed, given enough time. Of course, on the tech side of things, we can start replacing bodies til we're all just robots. But then, if we don't keep the ability to somehow procreate new people, we'll stagnate with the exact same set of people forever, constantly evolving into the next form of super robot beings.

So I guess I'm happy to be alive now, neh?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home