Saturday, February 12, 2005

Clyde's/Graduation/etc

So I'm officially done corporate training in Georgetown for Clyde's... and it was definitely an awesome time. Everyone I met was so diverse and came from so many different places and just had tons of interesting things about them that I wanted to emmerse myself in! It was wonderful. And the training/teacher fella was so great... Shane.. he moved here from Ireland about 10 years ago and he was a very cool, charming, and clever man. yay. --- So my first day of in-the-restaurant-training is TUESDAY! ahh! tuesday, wednesday, saturday, monday, and one more day to be determined... and then i'll be on my own, serving the coustomers of Clyde's! I'm excited. I really do love serving people...Getting to know them and having the opportunity to make their day better just by being friendly and sincere. It's fun for me. woot. and not to mention i'll be bringing in the bucks pretty soon... greece/senior week/whatever i want... here i come! i gots money! haha..

On another note, I've been working on my graduation speech. I'm done with my first draft... now i just have to completely tear it apart and make it the most amazing thing for human kind to ever have kiss their ears. haha.. yeah. It's funny because more than caring about if I actually get chosen to read my speech at graduation, I've been writing graduation speeches since I was like 8 years old and found out what one was... So I just feel like I really have to do this for myself.. finish the speech that I started when I was just a little kid. It's kind of like closure for me.. But in a lot of ways, I feel like no matter how awesome I make this speech, or how many times I re-write it trying to get in every important thing that I want to say... I'll never be done. I'll always be re-writing this speech... because to me, what should be said in a speech like this is just that -- that you must continually re-write your answers to the world... because the world is always changing. So maybe saying that will be enough. It concludes this era in a very open-ended way. Because the way I see life is very open-ended.

Wow, we're almost done. All winter I've been saying "get me out of here! i'm ready to go! now!"... and spring time's rollin around soon enough and I just know that I'm going to want to hold on to every second that's left. I guess these times when we're young really are...priceless. Yeah, we're still on the rise, still heading towards an even greater experience.. But damn do I have it good right now. Everyday I have the most impossible time getting over how amazing my friends are. And I'm just so thankful. Yeah. We'll probably all end up in different parts of the country. Kat's going to UNH, Judy's going to Michigan, who knows where i'll end up.. probably Pitt or Northeastern... and Jodi's either going to Oregon, Nashville, or Boston. ha. But you know, we're all going to fricking grow so much... and have amazing experiences.. and then.. we're going to come home to eachother. So fear is silly. I'm not afraid of loosing what i've got... I just love it so much. And it's hard for me to imagine not having these weekends where we stay up all night talking about nothing and everything. But I know they'll be there. Just in different places, and different times.



Alright, I'm off to work on my speech, buy my 1000 part uniform for clyde's, finish reading The Sound and the Fury, clean my room?, get distracted, do some english homework, and kick ass.

Have a great day. It's beautiful outside. Take a gander.

1 Comments:

At 6:01 PM, Blogger Jodi said...

so maybe i'm just sleep deprived from last nights king-sized adventure in kathleens neighbors house... but there were some TEARS building while reading that one. we wont lose eachother, but GOD DAMN YOU ARE SO AMAZING! and. yeah. you just rock, and the future will be sweet cause i meann we make life sweet, thats just what we do with life, even when its bitter or poopy or whatever, its still just great. i learn so much from you everyday. its really incredible. just letting you know, again, how awesome you are. I LOVE YOU

 

Post a Comment

<< Home