Saturday, February 05, 2005

my love for books. and the world.

I am totally brought to life by lying in my bed, alone on a Saturday night reading The Sound and the Fury.... I LOVE WILLIAM FAULKNER. Here are some reasons why:

"I give [this watch] to you not that you may remember time, but that you might forget it now and then for a moment and not spend all your breath trying to conquer it. Because no battle is ever won he said. They are not even fought, The field only reveals to man his own folly and despair, and victory is an illusion of philosophers and fools."
"It's always the idle habits you acquire which you will regret."
"It's not when you realise that nothing can help you -- religion, pride, anything -- it's when you realise that you don't need any aid."
"Time is dead as long as it is being clicked off by little wheels; only when the clock stops does time come to life."
"I learned that the best way to take all people, black or white, is to take them for what they think they are, then leave them alone."
"I know how often people make promises just to satisfy their consciences"
"You will find that every injustice is scarcely worthy of what you believe yourself to be"

....What I enjoy most about Faulkner is his greatly uninhibited style. He defies so many aspects of common literature and dares to express outside of the box. Yay. Go Willy, go!



Anyway, I was very pleased to see that someone who I do not know (perhaps a random blogger from Seattle, or New Orleans, or Phili, or wide open spaces, or some other kick ass area that kicks ass simply because there's a person there wanting to explore life) left me a nice 'comment' on my last post. Whoever you are, feel free to leave more messages or chat with me. I love people, espcially those that are new. And if you were just surfing around through blogs and never come across me again.. it's been good.


But speaking of loving people etc... I've come to find out that when you get into a relationship with a person your life becomes devoted to that person alone... and no matter how openminded or free they are with you... part of being in a relationship, a big part, is being dedicated to that person and giving up other aspects of your life.
And to me, this world is too fricking big... There are too many things to explore and discover and find.. and at this point in my life, adding another person to the equation really wouldn't make any sense. I mean, my friends fill basically all of my emotional voids... Yeah, they're not telling me that they want to have my babies or pleasure me (usually... haha).. But they're THERE experiencing these moments and realizations that just don't seem to happen, or become limited when you're with a guy. No matter how amazing a guy may be, the focus of your life becomes that guy rather than LIFE. Yes, relationships are part of life... But I'm Young! And I want to have a relationship with the WORLD before I limit myself to one person. And that's just how it works best for me.

I suppose in my opinion love comes and exists every day, everywhere you go.. and it's all a matter of accepting and taking in the love that's around you, or dismissing and denying it. I find the love that surrounds me and I live off of it. I really don't need it from any one person. Life is love to me. and that's why I don't usually have boyfriends. I'm not anti-relationships/love... believe me.. haha.. but right now in my life, it's not a priority.

So yeah... that's all for the evening. It's been nice and quiet with my book, music and newly arranged room. (that i spent all day pushing furniture and filling trash bags to accomplish... and that Seth thinks is a 'stoner room'.. I beg to differ) and my parents just came home to disturb the peace. (funny that people think a way to SOLVE the disturbance of peace is war. haa)

goodnight-Rach

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home