Saturday, March 05, 2005

Are you going to "blog" that, Rach? -Mike

Why not... You know how it goes, sitting in some room full of strangers... loud music, funky smells... and you just get the undying urge to WRITE! (alright, maybe i'm one of the few)... But that happened last night, once again... and here's the product that was written on the back of some art gallary flyer:

We all sound a little bit louder on Friday nights
and it all smells a little more smokey when we're crowded under lights
and the floor shakes
and our pulses pound
and every note is a little bit sounder
when we gather around and dress ourselves down
to comfort

I'll ask you tonight under these smokey skies
if you can see "the light"
the truth that is true
because you cannot undo
the thoughts of others

I can barly hear my own thoughts tonight
and I will never know if they're wrong or if they're right
But once I sort through my mind
it's only mine to define
this life, these lines, these times and rhymes

The dictionary is my friend
So when I define I can align
myself with others
I just want to experience one another
I just want to discover
eachother
And if i've got to define
to be able to find
and understand this room of strangers
then I don't see definitions as a danger
or a box or a hole
where we place people into molds
that aren't really who they are...

No, see these definitions are bridges
communicators, beginnings
that allow us to align
through the thoughts and feelings we define
in words

It's a falling Friday night
and the sight is a room
without a moon
but a bluesy kind of sound
and people who are found
in the undefined rhymes of eachother

And we're all a little more sound
hangin' around
on this free falling Friday night.


Inspired by the uninhibited environment of College Perk Coffee House... just to exemplify the kind of commonplace activity done there.. last night one of the performers said.. "alright, so i've had kind of a stressful week.. for blah blah blah reasons and you know, i'm sure some of you have some pent up angers or stresses or agressions that you just need to get out... so on the count of 3 we're all just going to yell.. as loud as we can.. "FUCK!".. okay?" and it was done. followed by laughter. and a definite release of negativity. Quite fun.


You know I'll write more later. And thanks for all of the nice comments, people. It's never expected and always puts a smile on my face. Cause you know, when you're just being yourself and doing what you gotta do to make life make sense... and then someone comments on it.. and says that it's inspiring or enlightening or whatever else.. it really does make me want to just continue being who i am and growing and advancing my mind. I mean, granted that's the way I am... but the encouragment really is awesome and humbling and just generous on your part. So thank you! It's a beautiful cycle, you know? I really do appreciate you guys.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home