Thursday, March 03, 2005

Newness is goodness is circling round, taking me to dreamtown

There are so many nights I can't get to sleep because I'm too high on life or rounding my thoughts. And I just want to put these things out there that inspire and craze me... cause maybe they'll do the same for you..!

1. Coffeehouse Theology (the answers to all of the "big" questions we ask ourselves): I'm reading about Christianity and enjoying every moment. No, I'm not adopting the faith to be mine, I'm just learning a very popular philosophy (or as put by Christians "truth"). This is a good thing for many reasons. I'm becoming educated about one of the largest religions on this planet. I'm questioning my personal philosophies. I'm figuring out that with every new philosophy introduced, I cannot decide for the least bit what is "correct"... and that definitely excites me rather than distresses me. And it makes me want to just keep exploring... maybe one day a certain philosophy will "gel" and i'll claim it as my own. I'm in no rush for that, though. This makes me happy.

2. Kate [Beautyface] Morrissey:What a captivating face, voice, spirit. Check her out:
http://www.katemorrissey.com/ I saw Kate perform in some tinnyyy coffee house that could barly hold 25 people near PennState when Jo and I were visiting her sister. That night Kate stole my heart! This female is so free, so honest, and damn sexy! I drew her face and hands and shoe on napkins. It was like she was something that just had to be captured and saved in some way. I ordered her CD in the mail today.. it should be here soon.. yay.
"And if she seems lost as she wanders around, maybe you just can't see what she's found."

3. Hugh [prolific] Prather: Author of many books, one of which was nestled on a shelf in the junkroom entitled Notes to Myself. I read the book maybe a year or two ago and then a few weekends ago the girls and I were sleeping in the guest room and it popped up on a book shelf in THAT room. Anyway, it's written in short page or half page free thought entries with the basic theme of "humanism". This is a great book to be reading along side Coffeehouse Thology because it is completely contradictory. But I love Prather's thoughts. so much that I have to "yes!" outloud while reading. haha.. for example:
"It is not that there is no evil, accidents, deformity, pettiness, hatred. It's that there is a broader view. Evil exists in the part. Perfection exists in the whole. Discord is seeing near-sightedly. And I can choose this broader view--not that I always should--but I always can."

4. Daniel [speaks in stream of consciousness, wandering free] Lee: "because for every night of loserville disenchanted watering holes, there is another place where there are people moved, living, saved in music."-daniel lee. My my, i met this fellow where? At the wonderful College Perk Coffee House... i'm pretty sure it was some random all-night show that me and jodi and whoever else arrived to see and it went as so. I was sitting on a run down couch and next to me was a stack of Literary Magazines from Towson University. Naturally, I picked one up and was skimming through. Long, dark haired Daniel catches me off gaurd asking if the seat next to me was taken and begins conversation. (Little did I know the greatness behind the hair)... make a long story short... Daniel played and my jaw dropped. This man is amazing. Espcially live. Truly one of my favorite artists ever. And a great person. And his LIFE is an inspiration. He travels from place to place playing music, wandering free, meeting new people, endulging in good conversation and food and culture and it's just beautiful. one of my favorite lyrics of his:
"Somedays I see a million faces, everybody looks like they ain't got no time. But then I think to myself it's really all that they have and if they only would take a moment to laugh they'de realize that time is their relative. I put down my money in a world full of gifts that's always expecting and that never uplifts. Oh God how I'd love to buy you some flowers." Listen to his music
here:http://www.myspace.com/DanielLeeMusic Read about his life here: http://danielleemusic.com


....i'll do Ani and Joni some other time... or maybe i won't... but they're on this list of things and people that make my heart beat faster and make my life that much more fulfilling.


i feel like everyday there are so many new things to take in, experience, learn... so many that it's too many for me to keep in and hold for myself. so i share.

1 Comments:

At 10:30 AM, Blogger Jodi said...

yeah i love being a part of those experiences that are truly GREAT. and being in on your excitement to it all, and the conversations that happen at college perk and on comfy couches in my house, or wherever. it's that uhh.. not feeling inferior or superior thing. words dont seem SO important cause you know what i mean. what a beaautiful life.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home