Monday, March 14, 2005

when i grow up i want to be a...

I stayed home from school today without my parents knowing. i'm a rebel when i need to be.

So as I was organizing my life (needing to organize was the reason I stayed home) I kept thinking about what kind of job I could have when I "grow up" that wouldn't entail 9-5 mon-fri. cause honestly, i'm just not a 9-5 mon-fri type gal. I was thinking about what Jodi's mom used to do, the whole Myer's Briggs seminars... basically giving people a deeper understanding of who they are and who their co-workers are so they can be more successful as a group. I think that kind of thing is really cool. But I was thinking how much high school students could benefit from that type of thing... some kind of pre-college seminar that helps kids figure out what they want to do with their lives and how they can be successful and still be THEMSELVES. i know there are little tests we take online and other assorted things and half the time kids responses are, "this is totally off.. i would never want to do these things". But i think it would be good to put a change to all that. to really offer guidance to kids and really encourage people to find jobs that fit who they are. cause granted, not everyone needs guidance in that regard, but a lot of people do. and not just guidance.. but real encouragment. just one idea.

I just think the idea of helping people figure themselves out is cool.. because it seems to me that the better a person knows themself, their capabilities, and their goals, the happier they are as a person. And for me, it would be fulfilling to know that i've helped other people live happier lives.
I mean, in school we learn about subjects, and through everything, we end up learning about ourselves, orginization, etc etc.. but i mean, no one's really teaching us how to live a better life. that's for us to figure out. our friends and parents help if we're lucky.. i just think it would be good to have a better program where people can just go and talk about how they can improve their lives for themselves... because people want to. people want to live better lives.. and everyone has a different goal that would fulfill them. so yeah.

alright, i'm off to the bank and errands and blah blah.. then working tonight as a hostess. waiting tables is stressful. lol.. hopfully i'll get better. what an interesting weekend.

by the way, the musical rocked. i'm really proud of you guys.

later lovlies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home