Monday, April 04, 2005

hold the gun

across the ship a poor boy sits sipping his coke and rum
and somehow i see the him in me as i sit silent, alone with these thoughts on my tongue
novice ideas of unity in you and me and then they quickly float on past
even the tender congruity of humanity cannot, will not last

similarities, those liars, set up to fool us all to fall
off deck without our life vests on the one-way stream towards societal call
lying, oh to lie along the water paved in colorful rocks
but your rocks take me to a world too free for me
too fantastically ecstasy
and i'm afraid what would become of me if i took the seat beside your soul

a sorry boy sits across the world, i know him very well
he winds himself down then fumbles around and falls victim to poisoning himself
another world with pretty pearls and colorful stones to fill our bags
another world with dreamers and feelers and cherries blooming like there's no doom looming
maybe another world wouldn't crash and hurl at the beauty of creative minds
but every time i find a boy sitting in sight with a drink and a light
my heart cannot help but sway and the waves cannot help but crash
and all the splendor in suggestive hearts just barely doesn't fall apart
it lingers on wanting me to share the drink of bliss and bask in rocks that break me free
and let me be, and let me be

i dream of a boy next to me who's freedom i can swallow
but the worst of my heart has got the best of my mind and will not let me wallow
just to follow the sea as the wind blows us along
the tide can frown and turn us around and still sing us a beautiful song
but just to follow the sea would age my naivety
freedom, the fearful gun i am terrified to hold

a tune i've heard many times serenades me on this sailing eve
believe, believe, darling believe
sip your coke and rum
untie your anchor and be one
with the tranquility of the endless sea
and the ecstasy of connectivity
despite it's biting brutality

hold the gun, hold the gun
untie your anchor and be one
speak the heart that’s dying to be freed from your taciturn, silenced tongue
hold the gun

1 Comments:

At 4:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

shame no one ever comments on your poetry. your metaphor tone language and imagery is getting better and better....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home